Security Officers (School)
Northport‐East Northport Union Free School District
Northport, New York
Full‐Time Security Officers:
Salary: $20.61 ‐ $24.23 per hour
Part‐time Substitute Security Officers
Salary: $16.00 per hour
All shifts available.
RETIRED OR ACTIVE FEDERAL AND MILITARY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND CITY, STATE AND COUNTY OFFICERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Northport–East Northport School Security is a 24/7, 365 day per year security operation. The district provides security for each of the 10 school buildings throughout the year. Officers MUST be flexible and will be asked to work various shifts in any of the 10 schools within the district. Many full‐time officers may work up to 40 plus hours per week. Officers will be asked to work holidays and after school events.
- A minimum of 10 years law enforcement experience preferred for all Security Officers; Federal officers are encouraged to apply as well as City, State and County officers. Officers will be asked to provide a (Good Guy) letter.
- Some college preferred.
- Background check and fingerprinted by NYS Department of Education.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- NYS Department of State Security Guard License.
- Must have 8 hour NYS certification each year (Law Enforcement Not‐Exempt).
- Must have 16 hour NYS training certificate.
- Must attend annual and semi‐annual district training.
- Will be trained in CPR/AED/First Aid (District will train).
- Should have experience and knowledge in the operation of CCTV‐Video monitoring and ability to export is a plus.
- Must be able to utilize technology, especially email and Word documents.
- Candidate should have a professional appearance and be self‐motivated.
- Knowledge of the Penal Law and the ability to interact with Law Enforcement.
- Starting full‐time salary is $20.61 per hour. After 6 months an evaluation will be conducted and salary may increase to $24.23 per hour.
- Benefits include 10 accrued sick days and 5 personal leave days, medical coverage and 403B plan offered.
The following full‐time shifts are available:
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 2300 x 0700 (part‐time)
- Tuesday to Saturday: 0700 x 1500 (full‐time)
- Saturday: 1500 x 2300 (part‐time)
- Monday to Friday: 1000 x 1800 (full‐time)
Application Instructions: Please send letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call the School District.