Security/Armed* Officer at North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Full Time, Part-Time, and Per Diem. Days, and nights (7:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
(3:30 PM to 11:30 PM) (11:30 PM – 07:30 AM)
- Current NYS driver’s license, NYS Armed Security Guard, and Valid Pistol Permit in New York State.
- *Successful applicants hired into the role of a security officer, can advance to an armed security officer after completing their probation period and be a qualifying retired law enforcement officer with 5 years of technical experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here but considered related are not essential functions.
- Patrols and monitors buildings and grounds to protect life and property, prevent fire, thefts, vandalism, and illegal entry, and enforce hospital policies.
- Enforces access control policy. Secures doors, locks, etc., and activates or de-activates alarms.
- Controls and regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic safely, orderly, and respectfully manner.
- Operates and maintains Patrol vehicles following policies.
- Writes incident reports following policies and procedures to document events.
- Checks contents of packages.
- Assists security personnel in performing their duties through physical force when required.
- Escorts Hospital personnel, as required.
- Assist in the investigations of visitors, patients, and employees and makes a recommendation
If interested or have questions, please contact Peter Sallie at 516-562-2612 or email your resume to email@example.com.