The St. John’s University Department of Public Safety
The St. John’s University Department of Public Safety is looking to hire full and part time Public Safety Officers for our Queens campus.
There are several full and part time positions open for retired members of the department.
- Retired MOS will be required to have a valid driver’s license and a NYS security license (armed or unarmed).
- Public Safety Officers will conduct security inspections of all buildings, arenas, parking and storage facilities.
- Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- They should be customer service oriented and willing to take the extra step to assist people in need.
- Public Safety Personnel are responsible to respond to all calls for assistance on campus which include crimes in progress, past crimes, vehicle accidents, personnel injuries, medical and aided cases, fires, smoke, burglar and duress alarms, and render aid as required.
- Officers will be trained in first aid, CPR and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Public Safety Officers are also required to operate Radio Motor Patrol vehicles in a safe and courteous manner in areas of high pedestrian traffic.
- Officers must be able to conduct field investigations concerning violations of the law or campus code of conduct violations.
- All officers work under the direction of a sergeant or higher level supervisor.
- This job is an entry level position for non armed and non sworn public safety officers.
- New hires will receive all of the necessary training concerning their duties at the university.
- Candidates must successfully complete a medical assessment, be in overall good health and able to wear an N-95 respirator mask as mandated by OSHA regulations.
For further information about work hours, benefits and pay you can email Ralph Pascullo, Ret. D.I. / ESU-SOD with your questions or resume. He will get back to you upon receiving your message. Thank you.